Saturday, 14 June 2008

HELLO and WELCOME

This is exciting: My very first Great Bloom Day post.

.




This is a rose frow the French growers Henri et Antoine Delbard.







Ribbon grass around Azalea.







Clematis H.F. Young.







Philadelpus coronaria 'Aurea'.







Another flower on the same French rosebush.






Clematis 'Etoile violette'.




Trying to catch up and see what it was all about, I have been visiting the previous BloomDay posts all over the place in the last few days, and lovely they were too. Looking forward to see how people's gardens have progressed over the past four weeks.

Thank you so much to Carol in Indiana US at Maydreamsgardens for so patiently organizing something so splendid.





10 comments:

Sarah Laurence said...

Abby, welcome to GBBD. You enter with such a bold dash of color. I'm amazed that such bright mixtures can happen without a paint brush. Gorgeous!

joanna uk said...

Sarah,

I am thrilled to find my first comment. Almost pressed the wrong button :-)
Thank you so much.

min hus said...

Great, beautiful blooms and great pics too!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to GBBD! Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing them.

beckie said...

A beautiful first bloom day. I love the rose. My granddaughter was looking at it with me and asked "who painted that flower?" She's 3. But it does look like it's been splattered. All your blooms are wonderful.

Carol Michel said...

Welcome to Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. Your pictures are outstanding.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

joanna uk said...

All over now - what a wonderful event. I am already looking forward to the next one...

Thank you all for leaving a message.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to GBBD! I had mine first too! Your flowers are beautiful!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Welcome to GBBD! Those are fabulous pictures! I especially love the first one!

JGH said...

What extraordinary detail and colors in those photos!